Happy dance for the weekend! How is your Saturday starting off?
It is absolutely beautiful today, so after this post I’m going to go out and spend the day enjoying this weather with some friends!
I love having snacks that are healthy and easy to make. These kale chips can be served as a side dish or eaten as a snack. Does anyone else hate the work snack? It sounds weird to me…anyways…
Serves: As many as you’d like
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-40 minutes (depending on your oven)
- 1 large bunch kale (I used red, I prefer dinosaur kale though)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons almond meal/flour
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- dash of salt and any seasonings you desire***
Set your oven to 250 F
1. First de-stem and wash your kale, then place it in a strainer and pat dry the kale.
2. Set kale aside, melt the coconut oil in the microwave and add the nutritional yeast and almond meal and any of the other seasonings you wish to add to the kale.**
3. Grab a mixing bowl and massage the kale well into the dressing with your hands.
4. Place the massaged kale onto a tray lined with tinfoil, and place the kale in the oven, set your timer for 40 minutes (be sure to check on the kale after 20 minutes, and keep an eye on them for the next 10-20 minutes).
1. Mix a dash of stevia in a bowl with 2-4 tablespoons of tomato paste, easy-peezy ketchup.
Note: ***Feel free to make the kale any flavour you’d like: spicy, savory, or you could make them sweet with sugar/stevia and instead of nutritional yeast use cocoa powder.
I stumbled upon this via pinterest yesterday, and for some reason it just makes me laugh so hard.
Alright, I’m off!
Have you ever tried kale chips?
Any fun plans this weekend?