Happy happy Friday!
Why is today so happy you ask?
Well, firstly it is Friday, duh. The weekend is almost here!
I ‘ve already finished an intense workout I’ll be sharing with you in a bit, I’m about to eat breakfast, and I’ve been in a happier mood since I have decided to increase my calories.
Coffee stop yesterday, of course. My energy in a cup!
With today being Friday and all, you need to check out Meg’s High Five Friday post.
This week I’m giving myself a big ol’ fiver for increasing my calories. This is still a bit of a work in progress. It is mentally challenging for me to be increasing my calories.
However, I feel an increase in calories is necessary right now, for a few different reasons.
1. I was having an insane amount of trouble sleeping properly. Not being able to get into bed until after 12 AM and then waking up at the latest, 5 AM, was too much for me after a few weeks of going through this. I was exhausted after every single workout, no matter how lame or short it was. And getting exhausted after climbing up the stairs is not normal.
2. I kept on thinking I was getting sick, or that I always feel this crummy all the time anyways, but its time to face the truth that I wasn’t eating enough. Which in turn, makes you feel lousy.
3. I’ve also been suffering from panic attacks in the morning, I have had panic disorder for about 2 years now. And I know it usually resurfaces when I lose weight, am exercising too intensely, or under eating.
4. My hormones get out of whack, which makes me a lovely, moody person. I sound like such a blast
5. I started freaking out over every calorie I was putting in my mouth, worrying about my macronutrients being “perfect”, and feeling anxiety everytime I ate.
So for right now, I am simply eating more. And I haven’t gained weight. Just goes to show, I wasn’t eating what my body was in need of. Even though I could use a few more pounds on my body. Well, enough of this talk for now.
Now onto the workout from earlier today, it was ridiculous. I really pushed myself and finished feeling FAB!
Fitness this week has consisted of spinning, Zuzana’s ZWOW’s, and lastly a workout from this morning.
Some exercise examples:
Kettlebell Swings – I just use a dumbbell, because I don’t have a kettlebell
Medicine Ball Squat Jump
Double Under Jump Rope - these are killer, oh man. If you can’t do these, regular jump rope is fine.
Release Burpees – I don’t bring my hands out to the side like that though, just basically do a superman/back extension after the push-up
Wall Balls – I just use a medicine ball
Jump Rope with High Knees
Shoulder Push-Ups – I do them with both legs on the ground, my shoulders aren’t that strong yet
And I die.
Five things Friday
1. Justin Bieber’s new song. I feel like such a lame-o, but I just love me some JBiebs.
2. Yesterday, while driving, I saw someone get arrested at the bus stop. I am super curious to why. I mean, what can you do that’s arrest worthy at a bus stop. Actually…There were so many people crowded around and the road was closed off. Am I the only person who is SO curious when they see an accident, or a an arrest, or anything out of the norm? Probably…
3. I absolutely loooove Ashley Tisdale’s outfit she’s wearing in this picture. Now I am on the lookout this weekend for some clothing items I can replicate this with…
4. This post is super informative on different eating disorders that many people are not aware of. Everyone should read it.
5. This “secret menu” at Starbucks. Chocolate Pumpkin?!?! Are you freakin’ kidding me. Love.
Any fun facts to share this Friday?
What’s your favourite Starbucks flavour add in?
Do you have Bieber Fever?
Have a great weekend friends!