Happy Friday everyone! The weekend is almost here!
Hope your day is off to a great start so far!
I wanted to start off by saying thank you all so much for your kind words on yesterday’s post! I feel so glad that you enjoyed it!
Can you believe that next week is the last week in May?! This year is just flying by before my eyes!
This morning started off busy, busy. I went straight from spin, got ready fast, ate breakfast, off to 2 appointments and then I finally got my morning pick me up. Starbucks was needed yesterday. Okay, fine its needed most days.
I have been trying to experiment a bit more with my usual snacks, I like to have a variety to choose from so that I’m not eating the same things day in and day out. This recipe contains pumpkin, I feel kind of weird including it, since you know, its almost summer. I don’t care though, pumpkin is delicious and I use it all year round!
Lately, I have been loving anything with a cookie dough texture. I love how thick the dough is and that they take longer to eat. I like to be able to sit down and enjoy a meal for a while. My go to snacks this past while have included STUFTmama’s cookie dough, which I absolutely adore! Protein Muffins, or greek yogurt mixed with coconut flour/protein powder with added fruit. Creamy and delicious.
I saw a lot of people try out dessert hummus a while ago and did experiment with it, I haven’t made it in quite a while, but decided to make a little batch that serves one the other day. And it turned out quite successful.
Pumpkin Protein Cookie Dough (serves one)
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (I used canned, and I shelled them before)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (I used 2%) (if you’re vegan, use tofu, 1/4 cup more pumpkin, or increase chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons (or 20 grams) protein powder (it’s also delicious with coconut flour! or you could try peanut flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- stevia (add until acquired taste is desired)
- pinch of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional) (adds more of a cookie dough texture)
Place all ingredients in a food processor/blender and blend until it is smooth, you may need a couple tablespoons of milk to thin it out to the consistency you’d like. Then refrigerate for about an hour if you’d like. Yum! I like adding a little cocoa almond butter on top!
- high in dietary fiber, iron, manganese, zinc, and vegetarian protein
- very high in calcium, protein, easier to digest (less lactose content and contains probiotics)
Pumpkin- see this post for more info
Sun Warrior Protein Powder- see this post for more info
Also has anyone noticed that when you drive and your on the road along that for some reason an animal chooses to bolt out in front of your car as soon as you’re driving past it?! Really, it couldn’t wait the 2 seconds until my car was gone and there were no other cars in sight. I had about 12 heart attacks in my car as this happened. Thank goodness I didn’t hit the bunny, I would have never driven my car again. Well that was a rather pointless tangent about my day…anywho now I’m off to enjoy the lovely day! Have a great one!
What’s your favourite snack?