Would you look at this, I’m not having oat bran or buckwheat this morning. What a crazy change up over here.
I made this pancake last night, so I’d have it ready this morning.
Clearly, I’m just not a fan of having to make breakfast the morning of.
I just cooked up a batch of pumpkin pancakes made with some oat bran, coconut flour, egg whites, baking powder, stevia, cinnamon and pumpkin which I cooked in coconut oil. After I topped it with a small dollop of greek yogurt and un-pictured pumpkin seed butter.
I almost forgot about that recipe I promised last week. I’ve been in the kitchen far more than usual. I’ve been loving getting downtime ands spend it cooking and baking. It must be the crispness in the air. A family favorite of ours has been anything cheesecake like. For my birthday I never wanted regular cake or ice cream, always cheesecake.
What better than to make healthy “cheesecake” bites that contain my favorite Fall ingredient, pumpkin.
Don’t be too surprised.
Fall is officially here, and Halloween is right around the corner now. Plus, I have a weakness for anything with coconut and pumpkin.
These are decadent and melt in your mouth. So basically, they’re amazing.
This recipe also happens to be gluten free, vegan, sugar free, and no bake!
Raw Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites (makes 4)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I used sun warrior, vanilla)
- and 2 tablespoons coconut milk (I used full-fat from a can)
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter and
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- liquid stevia drops (until reached desired sweetness)
Oh gosh. These are so good.
- Combine the bottom ingredients together (it will be a little thin, but don’t worry it firms up in the freezer) and distribute evenly into 4 muffin tins.
- Combine the topping layer ingredients together and slowly add stevia (or other sweetener of choice) until well combined and again distribute evenly into 4 different muffins tins. Feel free to smooth out the topping with a spatula.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before eating
They made an absolutely amazing afternoon treat.
Feel free to indulge on these anytime for a scrumptious, yet healthy treat.
Best served with a hot cup of tea…so you don’t freeze while eating them:)
I’ve been trying to add more plant based protein sources into my diet, instead of relying on greek yogurt every single day, and these still get a good dose of protein from the sun warrior protein powder.
I especially like it because it uses great ingredients, instead of some funky ones. Not saying we should be consuming mass amounts of protein powder, but it’s a nice change.
I’ve also been making sure to consume other protein rich plant based foods, like nutritional yeast, beans, some tempeh (if my tummy allows me), nuts and seeds both raw and in buttered form, quinoa, kale, oat bran (clearly lots of different options).
I’m not entirely vegetarian and still enjoy my chicken, turkey and eggs too though! I’m just trying to add in more variety to my diet!
What’s your favorite plant based protein option?
What’s your favorite type of healthy treat?
Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!