Hey there Friday, fancy seeing you once again.
What a nice treat.
I’ve been sleeping more this week! This is a miracle and is beyond weird.
I don’t know what changed, but I’ll gladly accept more sleep.
Today is relatively busy, so let’s get right to it.
1. I’ve been obsessed with eating my apples dipped in this coconut protein mix for snacks in the afternoon.
Just mix 2 tablespoons coconut flour, 2 tablespoons peanut flour, 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, stevia, and about 3-4 tablespoons almond milk.
It’s oddly delicious.
2. Spend more time on me.
By taking more picture of myself. Nah, I’m just kidding on that sentence.
I’m going to aim for at least once per week to have a day strictly for my pleasure.
That means, doing whatever I would like.
Whether that means napping, going out with friends, enjoying a treat, getting a manicure.
It will be my day to re-evaluate the week, focus my mind with motivation, laughs, writing, trying new recipes, re-energizing my body and taking care of myself.
3. Getting involved with yoga.
Clearly I’m not liking yoga so much, since I have a magazine on my mat, and have been using it pretty much to just read magazines.
Right now I’m having high levels of anxiety, and it’s not doing so well for my body.
I know I could seriously benefit from yoga, but I just find myself never being able to commit myself to a yoga routine.
This month, I’m going to try out some different classes and style and hopefully find one that I enjoy.
4. Incorporating Maca in my diet
I picked up some maca after my nutritionist recommended it.
It has great nutritional benefits, specifically to hormones so I’m hoping to put it to use in a few recipes this weekend!
I’ve heard great things about this “super food”, so I’m excited to start experimenting. Any ideas?
5. New Candles
I mentioned recently that my sister and I bought a lot of different candles online.
They finally came and I’m super duper excited, they smell amazing.
It was kind of iffy getting these products online, since you can’t smell them beforehand.
Thankfully, they all smell delicious.
I would want to eat them if they were edible…which they’re not…obviously.
And lastly, chili!
Perfect for those rainy and cold Winter nights.
Sweet Potato and Turkey Chili
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- a dash of tabasco sauce
1. To start roast the sweet potatoes in a preheated 350 oven for 30-40 minutes until tender (when pierced with a fork).
2. While the sweet potatoes are roasting, in a large pot add coconut oil and brown turkey over medium/high heat.
3. Add zucchini and stir until softened (about 10 minutes). You could also add onions and garlic, but since I don’t like them, I excluded them.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir and simmer for 15-20 minutes or while the sweet potatoes finish baking.
5. Once done, add the cooked sweet potatoes into the chili and stir thoroughly until they have incorporated pretty evenly into the chili.
6. Turn off heat and serve!
What’s your favorite type of chili?
Any fun facts happening this week?
What’s you favorite type of yoga?
Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!