It’s finally Saturday! Hallelujah for the weekend time. I think this was possibly the longest week ever.
This week, I’m suffering with a little illness and have been complaining to anyone who will listen. I’m a real gem. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get out of the house and get together with friends…
Remember how you all asked me to post random facts about myself? Fine, no one did but it’s Saturday and I wanted to finally write this post.
I’ve been nominated a few times for this Liebster award, but I figured I’d finally get to posting it!
I always love learning new, random things about other bloggers, so here we go.
Basically there are a bunch of rules to follow, but since I’m a rule breaker, I’m just going to answer a few questions and tell you 11 random facts about me instead. So naughty of me, I know.
1. I love coffee, but always start my day with tea.
On top of that, I probably drink about 3 cups of the stuff per day. Which is probably why I can hardly fit anything into my cabinets. I also have a cupboard that is just for tea and coffee. Issues.
2. I eat the same Breakfast almost everyday, just in different combinations.
It’s been that way since I was a kid. I lived off of the same food items and just rotate the ingredients/quantities around mostly. Honestly, I know what I like and hardly like to switch it up in the morning since it’s my favorite time of day. Always, always it will contain a grain, little protein, fruit, and a healthy fat.
3. I hate ALL milk. Almond milk, soy milk, dairy milk, ick. (Okay, except coconut milk) I do however like mixing these milks with things so they taste better. Like almond milk + cocoa powder + a little maple syrup or stevia = an awesome hot chocolate.
To me, all milk tastes nasty. I remember my friends tried to “force feed” my milk when I was young since I was super clumsy and basically broke an arm or leg every other week.
4. My Mom was actually the person who got me started into adding protein powder into baked goods years ago.
As a kid, I was the pickiest eater on the planet. Honestly, I only ate white bread, pasta, yogurt, bananas, strawberries, and frozen peas. Literally, that’s it. So if she made banana bread for us, she’d always sneak in protein powder since I ate absolutely no protein ever. It’s crazy how tastes change over the years!
5. I absolutely hate wearing pants.
I feel like I’ve mentioned this before, but I’ll just mention it again anyways. It’s super rare you will catch me wearing anything other than a dress, skirt, or leggings. Leggings are basically my go to during Winter time, but we do get the occasional super sunny day. Like today!
6. Working out has been part of my daily life since I was about 8 years old. (Besides when I totally didn’t work out at all for one year in college).
I used to be a competitive swimmer, swimming about 7-8 times per week and cross training on top of that. Sometimes, I don’t even know how I survived all that working out. Eventually, I quit because I felt like I was “missing out” on so much in High School socially. Um yah, I wasn’t at all. I’ve always slightly regretted this decision, but I know now that everything happens for a reason.
7. I carry hand sanitizer with me at all time.
The blame falls on my OCD for this, but it’s a little too much. I have about 13 different smelling ones. And if people ask if I have sanitizer, I will say no because it feels wrong to share it. Yes, I’m completely odd.
8. My biggest fear of all time are peacocks. No joke. Like SUPER afraid of them. Even this picture makes me a little anxious.
Once in high school (this is a true story!), my Dad drove me home from school and what just happens to be outisde my front door? 2 PEACOCKS! I mean how does this even happen in real life? Who comes home to find 2 peacocks outside the house? You can’t make this stuff up. I made me Dad scare them away, it was probably the worst day of life.
9. Most blogs I read are lifestyle/personal blogs.
I prefer “knowing” whose blog I’m reading. Posting photos of the author makes me want to read more, since I like knowing what the writer looks like. Yes, most people have an image on the side, but I like seeing other photos too. Part of this is probably because I’m slightly nosy. It may seem narcissistic-I don’t think so. (I mean, you have a blog about your life anyways, so you might as well show more of your fabulous self!) I still read other blogs, but the ones I comment on, read daily are these types. Agree? Disagree?
10. I’m a huge kid at heart.
This is probably why I loved my Nannying job. I totally enjoyed watching the kids get excited about Santa Clause, getting dressed in silly outfits, jumping on the bed (don’t tell the parents I totally joined in), and watching all those Disney classics. I love Disney movies, I’m a child. I miss those carefree days!
11. Kammie wrote in her post how she’s a klutz but has never broken a bone. Well, I’m a klutz who basically breaks something everytime I fall. 11 broken bones, minus fingers and toes. I’m a mess waiting to happen. I constantly trip over invisible things, fall up or down stairs, basically don’t take me out in public because I’m embarrassing.
Now the questions from Kammie! P.S. Make sure you check out her blog too; she’s awesome and her blog’s awesome!
I’m just going to pick 5 of them, what a rebel I am.
1. Cats or dogs?
I love both! I’d love to have a dog for myself, but since I have a cat. I’d have to choose cats for now, just because she’s too cute. This face has my heart.
2. Favorite thing to do on a lazy Sunday?
Enjoying the slow movements of the morning. Taking time to enjoy breakfast, read some blogs, lounge in sweats, and making coffee while reading a book under a cozy blanket. So basically being as unproductive as possible.
3. Favorite movie of ALL time?
Tough one. I like really lame movies, so this will probably be embarrassing. I love Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I just adore, adore Audrey Hepburn. Such a class act.
4. If you had to eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
This is probably super obvious. Kabocha with coconut butter:)
5. What kind of climate do you wish you could live in?
The hotter the better! I really need to move away from Canada clearly. I’d love to eventually wander on over to California, Florida, or Arizona. Dream.
I’m going to nominate anyone who wants to do this post!
Tell me something random about you!
What’s your all time favorite movie?
Favorite thing to do on a lazy Sunday?
Have a fantastic weekend!