My smoothie addiction is still going strong, I know a few of you understand this. Speaking of smoothies, I have a new recipe to share with you!
No joke, I’ve been searching for frozen cherries for years now and just found some at Costco. To say I was excited is an understatement.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (I use dark chocolate)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each of guar and xanthan gum (for added thickness)
- 1 cup ice cubes (about 10)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter* (optional, but adds such a nice flavor to the smoothie)
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.