I love Fall.
First off, its simply a gorgeous season. I’m partial to Autumn being my favourite because my birthday occurs in this beautiful season.
I think I’ve probably mentioned this about 23 times already in the past week, but that’s fine. (only 3 weeks exactly until the big day). For you that means 3 more weeks of my over-excitement.
The weather here, is still plenty warm which I’ll take over rain any day, so it doesn’t feel like fall quite yet.
Except for the fact that it’s September and Fall officially starts is in 12 days.
I got even more excited about the upcoming season, since at work last night I think we might have discussed this topic for about an hour.
To me, Autumn screams comfort and family time.I’m not sure if its because the season is changing, the holidays are coming closer.
So, before the season begins, its only necessary that I complete a Fall Bucket List.
Fall to me means tons of baking, warm beverages, walking on the crunching leaves, scarves, the vibrant colours, cute boots, hot coffee, and of course pumpkin loving.
Basically anything pumpkin gets me excited. Pumpkin scented candles, pumpkin flavoured items, carving pumpkins, squash (kabocha) as well of course.
Such a typical blogging obsession. However, how can you not like pumpkin?
Its so versatile and even contains 300% of our Vitamin A recommendations per serving. The beta carotene in Vitamin A also makes for pretty hair and nails.
I like to really think about the new season, what it entails, and what new things I can do.
With that, here is my Fall bucket list:
- Make at least 2 pumpkin inspired recipes
- Make a pumpkin spice latte, and continue to not buy the Starbucks made one.
- Make a new savoury recipe, like chilli, soup, or something equally as warming
- Make granola
- Make apple cider
- Make a maple inspired drink. A sweet blend of fall flavours. Yum.
- Create a recipe using pumpkin seeds
- Try and get myself to like cooked apples, by baking with them at least once
- Make a Halloween or Fall inspired cocktail!
- Go to a pumpkin patch, with a corn maze as well
- Carve pumpkins
- Celebrate my birthday in style
- Decorate the house with fun Halloween decor
- Buy new boots (yes, I’m a bit selfish)
- Continue to take care of myself with daily meditations and positive talk
- Continue to develop a healthy relationship with exercise, not an obsessive one
- Go through my clothing and shoes and donate anything I don’t wear to charity
What are your favourite things about the upcoming season?