This gingerbread is super delicious. I used a different mixture of flours and they ended up coming out great together.
Gluten Free Gingerbread (makes 1 loaf)
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 3 tablespoons un-sulphured molasses
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly spray a loaf pan (or use parchment paper).
In a large bowl add in your flours, baking powder, spices, stevia and salt. Mix and set aside.
In another bowl, mix together your molasses and hot water first. Once combined, add in pumpkin, greek yogurt, egg whites, vanilla and coconut oil.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Don’t overmix.
Add the mixture to the loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes before you eat! Enjoy.
What’s your favorite holiday flavour?