Protein Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- 3/4 cup milk (your choice; I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon protein powder (I use sun warrior’s warrior blend)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/8 teaspoon each of nutmeg, cloves, and ginger)
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or 1 T sweetener of your choosing)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Option 1 – (my favorite)
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth. (I opted to leave the chia seeds in for the blending portion since I prefer the texture of blended chia seeds, but if you like a more tapioca like pudding see option 2.)
- Pour into a bowl or cup and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for a few hours (I prefer overnight) so the pudding gets nice and creamy.
Option 2 -
- Blend all the ingredients except for the chia seeds into the blender until everything is well combined and thick in texture.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl or cup and add in the chia seeds, stirring everything together. Make sure everything is well combined.
- Cover your bowl or cup with plastic wrap and allow the chia seeds to absorb the mixture for at least a few hours (I prefer overnight) to set.
It’s not the cutest looking dish in the world, but it’s tasty, and I’d say that’s the most important thing.
What are your favorite simple meals?
What’s your favorite spice? I’m definitely a cinnamon fan.