With Fall right around the corner, it looks like most of us are pretty excited for all the things Fall entails. The weather, fashion, new trends, pumpkin, hot chocolate, and all the fun festivities that come around this time of year.
If you know me, you know I love my coffee. And I also happen to love pumpkin. So I knew I had to create my own pumpkin spice creamer to make my own version of the famous pumpkin spice latte. Instead of heading out to my nearest Starbucks, I decided to tackle this one myself. It’s cheaper and healthier, so I figured that was a good enough reason to experiment.
Turns out it was a very good idea, as it tasted wonderful.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer (Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 1 cup coconut milk (full fat, canned)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- about 20 stevia drops (or 2 tablespoons maple syrup)*
*adjust sweetness to your personal taste.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender.
- Add the mixture to a microwave safe mug or bowl and microwave for approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds (just to allow the pumpkin to dissolve a bit more).
- Allow your creamer to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Don’t forget to shake the container before you use it!
- Then just add your desired amount of creamer to your coffee. And enjoy!
Lately this has been my go to drink of choice. It’s slightly sweet, creamy, healthy, and best of all delicious.
You can add this creamer to anything you’d like…of course there’s the go-to coffee, but you could try it in oatmeal, smoothies, and even homemade hot chocolate.
Have you ever had the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte?