Roasted Root Vegetable Soup (Vegan and Gluten-Free) Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 carrots (chopped into small-medium sized pieces)
- 1 parsnip (chopped into small cubes)
- 1 beet (chopped into small cubes)
- 2 zucchini (chopped into large pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup almond milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Prepare the vegetables as noted and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the coconut oil and sprinkle the thyme over top of the veggies.
- Roast the veggies for about 45 minutes until lightly brown in color or until fork tender.
- Make sure you stir the veggies and check on them occasionally to make sure they are evenly cooked.
- Once baked, remove the veggies and allow them to cool for around 15 minutes.
- Add the roasted veggies, almond milk, and nutritional yeast into a blender or food processor and blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Return to saucepan or simply microwave until heated through and serve!
What are your favourite root veggies and how do you prepare them?
Are you a soup fan?