First, thank you all so much for your support and words on Monday’s post. I appreciate it more than you know.
It’s Thursday. My heart still aches and I’m still sad with events from the weekend, but I hope you all are making the most of your week and having some good moments. There’s something about going through a tragedy that really puts things into perspective. I know I haven’t been blogging this week, honestly after everything that has happened over the weekend, I just can’t come up with any words to fit who I feel. It’s been a struggle, and I’m not sure when things will improve – I suppose it’s a process.
This year has been a bit of a whirlwind, but since those life things are out of my control – it’s a good things to focus on things I can control; like my happiness and choices that lead me to having a blissful life. Since I didn’t set any goals for the beginning of the year, I figured mid-year resolutions are the next best thing.
- Strengthen my relationships with people who are already a part of my life; myself, friends and family.
- Be patient.
- Connect with more blog writers and readers. It’s been an amazing journey so far in blogging, but I’d like to make even more of an effort and discover new bloggers and friendships. I’m always thankful for this community.
- Learn to use my manual camera properly and start using it more. Does anyone else struggle with this one? I’m so interested in photography, but man, it’s tough to figure it all out at first.
- Create a youtube channel.
- Build friendships with people who I’ve been wanting to reconnect with. Overtime, I’ve grown apart from some friends and always want to reconnect but hold back because of silly thoughts. If I’ve learnt anything from this past weekend it’s taught me that you’re not always guaranteed tomorrow, so do things today.
- Start posting more beauty inspired posts.
- Take action in my dreams every chance I get.
- Making my mental health as big of a priority as my physical health. I think we forget about the importance of this sometimes.
- Stop comparing.
- Visit a winery. Can you believe I’ve never been to one before?
- Be more active on social media platforms. Try and grow twitter and facebook pages. How do bloggers even do this, I swear sometimes I suck at blogging.
- Remember that everyday is a blessing.
- Have an overall FUN time in my life.
- Live guilt free.
- Treat myself more to things that make me happy.
- Try a new restaurant.
- Take more pilates classes and get more experienced and knowledgable in the industry.
- Keep fuelling my body with quality foods, ingredients, and with positive thoughts.
- Organize my blog; create a recipe page, and make everything cleaner. Anything you’d like to see more here?
- Go out and celebrate life with friends more.
- Don’t let tough times set the tone for the rest of the day, week, month or year.
- Feel good about who I am inside and out.
- Smile more and laugh often.
It’s been hard to come up with things to chat about, when all I want to do is be close to my family right now. I’ve also come to realize that it’s not such a bad thing to focus on goals for myself. I used to feel that goals were pointless and silly, because I felt I “had to” complete them in a certain time frame, but I’m not setting a deadline for these goals. Life it too short to not have a few things you’d like to accomplish. Whether they’re big or small.
Of course, some of these are insignificant and fun, but overall I think it’s important to focus on little things just as much as bigger goals. Big things don’t happen without the little steps towards them. And sometimes those things make for amazing times too.
And I’m out for today, it’s been hard to even fathom putting together a post that is in any way eligable, so again, I’ll return when the words return to my brain.
Do you set goals? Why or why not?
What are some of your resolutions?