Red Velvet Protein Bites (Makes 8-10). Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I use sun warrior, warrior blend)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour*
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup beet puree (I used this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- about 2 tablespoons almond milk (if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl until mixed together.
- Combine the beet puree and (melted) coconut butter together and add that mixture into the dry ingredients.
- If needed, add the necessary almond milk into the bowl until the mixture becomes a thick batter and is easily formed into balls.
- Form the mixture into balls and store in the fridge or freezer to easily grab for a Snack.
- * Note: You could probably use all coconut flour if you’d prefer – just don’t add as much almond milk.
Instead of using the usual red food coloring to make a classic red velvet color, I opted for beet puree as a more natural and healthy alternative. Please don’t think I’m too crazy for doing this, I mean if you can add spinach to brownies…I’m pretty sure beets are a bit more normal compared to that.
So if you’re feeling ballsy, (get it?) try these out for your next Snack. It’s hard to believe these delicious bites are healthy, vegan, and gluten free, but I swear they also taste amazing too.
What are your favorite no bake recipes?