It’s Friday, which means we’re in the home stretch for the weekend to start. Hopefully you’ll be greeted with better weather than we’re having in my neck of the woods. Regardless, the weather won’t make or break my weekend.
Enough weather talk, let’s get to this weeks Coffee Talk, or in other words my random thoughts, obsessions, foods, and other things I’m loving lately.
1. My smoothie addiction is still going strong, I know a few of you understand this. Speaking of smoothies, I have a new recipe to share with you!
No joke, I’ve been searching for frozen cherries for years now and just found some at Costco. To say I was excited is an understatement.
Dark Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (I use dark chocolate)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each of guar and xanthan gum (for added thickness)
- 1 cup ice cubes (about 10)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter* (optional, but adds such a nice flavor to the smoothie)
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
2. For the first time, I watched Food Matters.
Not sure what took me so long to finally see this documentary, since I’m clearly health obsessed. Everyone should see this. It’s really a fantastic and well developed documentary.
If you’re interested in the science behind food and how our body processes our food correctly, this is for you! Embarrassingly enough, I found myself talking notes while watching it, since that’s obviously what all normal people do. I’m a little bit of a research-a-holic, so this was perfect for my information obsessed brain.
3. Have you ever tried Zevia before?
I’ve discovered my favorite flavor. Oh goodness, this stuff is top notch. I don’t even like soda, but I love this stuff! Honestly, I only grabbed this can because it was cute, pink, and I’ve never tried them before.
Anything with good packaging, and I’m instantly suckered into it, luckily this tasted good on top of its looks.
4. A lot of you wanted to know where I got this dress from…
Instead of answering e-mails and comments individually, I figured it would be easier to mention it in this post. It’s a “crochet lace scalloped dress” that I bought at the bebe online store. Not sure if it’s still available, but I’ll take a look around and let you know if I see it!
However, even if it’s not available, I highly recommend their store for online shopping. They’re one of the only clothing stores I’ve had success with buying online. The quality of their outfits are really good, so they last quite a while and I find the sizing very decent.
5. These carrot cake luna bars have been popping up in the blog world lately, and I have to admit I’m a little jealous about this fact.
I’ve never actually tried carrot cake before, but from what I hear these bars are amazing.
That being said, I’m almost tempted to create my own healthier version myself.
6. These two Essie colors are the perfect Spring time polish.
Since pastels are all the rage this season, I thought these were very appropriate with the trend. It took me ages to find a pretty color like this. I was up island in Nanaimo a few weeks ago, and happened to randomly come across these.
Pretty sure I squealed when I spotted them. Our nail polish selection here is very slim, and even though I don’t love the staying power of these polishes (I prefer OPI). The colors are much better from Essie than OPI, in my opinion.
7. This made me smile.
It also reminds me that it grinds my gears when people write “expresso”. No, it’s espresso.
8. One last note, anyone have any quinoa recipes they’d like to send my way?
I’ve been all about this grain lately…
9. I lied. Just one more thing. I start my pilates teacher training in one week now! Eeee.
Okay, that’s it for my random ramblings today! Off to get the day started.
What’s your favorite way to eat quinoa?
Do you like soda? Have you tried Zevia before?
Have you seen Food Matters? Or another health related documentary?
Have an amazing Friday!