I love to create healthy alternative for the not so healthy treats we all love. Of course, I still believe in moderation, but it’s also nice to have a healthier version instead of the real thing most of the time. Especially if you enjoy them daily, like I like do.
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Shake (dairy-free, vegan, and paleo)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (I froze this the night before)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon protein powder (I use sun warrior)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- a handful of ice
- a few drops of liquid stevia
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender or food processor and blend until everything is thick and creamy.
- Adjust liquid, spices, or sweetness as desired.
- Serve in a bowl or tall glass and enjoy!
The coconut flour is the perfect addition to this smoothie because it gives the shake a real “cake like” flavour and a wonderfully thick texture. This recipe also happens to be dairy free, which is an added bonus.
What’s your favourite treat to make “healthier”?