- 1/4 cup drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter (optional)*
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- tiny pinch of cayenne pepper
Simply, place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until thick and creamy. If the sauce it too thick for your liking, simply add in a bit more milk or water to smooth it out.
*Also, if you don’t have cashew butter you don’t need it (I just made a batch without it, and it’s equally as good), you could alternatively use tahini.