With all the fun holidays happening the next few months, it definitely gets me into the baking mood. There’s nothing better then having a cozy day inside; along side some movies, a cup of hot tea, and eating freshly baked goods straight from the oven.
Vegan Pumpkin Chia Bread (gluten and sugar free, vegan)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder (I used sun warrior, I recommend not using a whey protein powder, or it will get rubbery when baked)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 teaspoons stevia or 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to bring out the sweetness)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds plus 6 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons almond milk (if needed)
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Combine the chia seeds and water in a small bowl and set to the side.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
4. In another bowl mix together all the wet ingredients including the chia “egg”. You may want to melt your coconut oil beforehand, so that it mixes well into the wet ingredients.
5. Add the dry to the wet mixture, and add more almond mild if added moisture is needed. The batter should be thick.*
6. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease your pan.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and allow to cool at least 10 minutes before you take it out of your loaf pan.
*Do not over mix!
I love how this bread is slightly crispy on the outside, but remains incredibly smooth on the inside.
Do you tend to bake more during certain months?